2019 may not be over yet, but it has already been a full and wonderful year. Woven throughout our anniversary celebrations were many other exciting events and accomplishments:
- In February, we continued with our annual recognition of American Heart Month by participating in the Heart Hat Project, which helps to bring awareness to hypertrophic cardiomyopahy.
- We received notable recognition from the American College of Nurse Midwives as a “Triple Aim” Best Practice and Breastfeeding Best Practice.
- We also received a Main Line Love Award from Main Line Parent and Philadelphia Family as the Best Women’s Health Provider for 2019.
- This summer, we broke records! In July, we had the most births and the most lactation visits that we’ve ever experienced in one month, at 69 and 81 respectively.
- Our lactation department continued on its trajectory of expansion. We began offering lactation consultations in our South Philadelphia office and began the first breastfeeding support group in the South Philadelphia area.
- Throughout the year, we celebrated the birth of our #40thBabyOfTheMonth.
With only a few weeks left until the New Year, we can’t wait to see what else 2019 has in store for LWC!