In light of the CDC’s latest recommendations regarding the pandemic, Lifecycle WomanCare will be implementing some changes to our current COVID-19 policies effective May 17, 2021.
It is important to remember that pregnant people are at a higher risk of complications if they contract COVID-19. As such, we will continue to move forward with caution to ensure that our clients are protected when they are in our care.
Please review the following updates and reminders thoroughly.
- One masked partner may accompany a pregnant client to their first prenatal appointment and to each prenatal appointment starting at 36 weeks.
- Partners are permitted to come to the waiting room for check-in. However, if space is limited, they may be asked to wait outside or in a separate waiting area until the appointment begins.
- At our Bryn Mawr office, there will be an additional waiting area in the basement.
- At our South Philly office, there will be chairs available outside.
- Clients may have a masked support person during lactation visits.
- One masked support person may accompany clients under the age of 18 during gynecological appointments.
- Everyone coming to LWC is required to wear a surgical face mask or a cloth face mask. Gaiters are NOT an acceptable form of face covering.
- Masks must be worn properly (up and over your nose) for the entirety of your visit.
- Partners, support people, and doulas in attendance at a birth must keep their mask on at all times. Clients who are in labor do not need to wear a mask.
- Children are not yet permitted to attend office visits or births.
- When partners are unable to attend appointments in-person, they are allowed (and encouraged!) to participate virtually via Facetime or Zoom.
- If you have any symptoms of concern or a known exposure to a COVID-19 positive individual prior to your appointment, please call us to discuss alternate options. Symptoms of concern include:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
We appreciate your ongoing cooperation and understanding. If you have any questions, please give us a call at 610.525.6086 to discuss.