Lifecycle WomanCare (LWC) has an opening for a full-time Mental Health Practitioner. LWC, also known as The Birth Center, is an independent nonprofit health care organization, in existence for 40 years. Its midwives, nurse-practitioners, nurses, and skilled staff provide outpatient reproductive healthcare and birth and related services, in a nurturing, home-like, family-oriented setting. Candidates should be invested in client autonomy and safe alternatives to typical medical care.
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced Licensed Clinical Social Worker to provide mental health services to our clients who are pregnant or coming for GYN care. These services are new to us and are part of our strategic plan to offer holistic care to clients. You would have input into the design of these activities, including:
- Providing assessment and short-term mental health services for individual clients and partners according to Lifecycle WomanCare Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Providing group therapy to clients for purposes of prevention or treatment of mental health issues
- Establishing community referral patterns
- Participating in Quality Assurance activities of Lifecycle WomanCare
- Maintaining currency in practice by participating in LWC staff development as directed and ensuring continuing required licensure and certifications
This job is flexible. It is a salaried position with a mixture of individual client services, group activities and working collaboratively with our clinical team of nurse-midwives, nurse-practitioners and educators.
LWC is a small and friendly organization that is mission-centric. This position reports to the Director of Clinical Services. You would be joining a small and friendly team of clinicians and would help to initiate new mental health services in our organization.
All staff are required to show proof of COVID vaccination/boosters. Masks are required in the building at all times. We have high-quality HEPA air filters throughout the building and rapid testing kits for staff to use at home.
Educational, Licensing and Certification Requirements
- Current license as a Clinical Social Worker in the state of Pennsylvania
- CPR certification
Minimum Experience, Abilities Required and Special Requirements
- Experience with pregnant/postpartum individuals with behavioral health diagnoses
- Familiarity with community resources and clinical settings for referrals as needed
- Experience providing direct mental health treatment and facilitating group care
- Independent self-starter, innovative and a strategic thinker
- Experience as effective member of a multi-disciplinary team of health care providers
A salary commensurate with out non-profit status
Paid vacation and sick time
Tax deferred 403 (b) plan
Continuing education allowance
If you would like more information about joining our practice, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include “LCSW Opportunity” in the subject line of your email.