Lifecycle WomanCare (LWC) has an opening for a Staff Nurse. Lifecycle WomanCare (LWC), also known as The Birth Center, is an independent nonprofit health care organization, in existence for over 40 years. Its midwives, nurse-practitioners, nurses, and skilled staff provide outpatient reproductive healthcare, and birth and related services in a nurturing, home-like, family-oriented setting. The Birth Center’s preeminent clinical services and education programs strengthen the health of childbearing persons and persons seeking gynecological care, empowering them to be active participants in health care decision-making throughout their lives.
We are looking for a dynamic Staff Nurse to provide nursing care and work closely with the certified nurse midwives in our Birth Suites during labor, birth, and the postpartum/early newborn phases of birth. LWC Staff nurses also do postpartum home visits. Our clients are low-risk and desire a low-intervention birth experience with support from our staff. Candidates should be invested in client autonomy and safe alternatives to typical in-hospital care.
LWC is a small and friendly organization that is mission-centric. The Lead Clinical Nurse supervises this position. Staff of the Birth Suites include eight to nine Staff Nurses and four Clinical Technicians who are responsible for stocking and infection control.
The Staff Nurse position includes day and night shifts. The position is benefits-eligible with a generous benefits package including fully paid medical insurance, education, and time benefits.
- Successful completion of an accredited nursing program leading to licensure as a registered nurse
- Currently licensed in Pennsylvania as a registered nurse
- One or more years perinatal experience in labor and delivery in a hospital or birth center
- Strong commitment to low intervention labor and birth with a desire to support clients in labor
- Current NRP certification preferred, with on the job experience in neonatal resuscitation strongly preferred
- Current American Heart Association certified BLS or better certification
- Participation in continuing education on nursing standards, trends, and issues
- Willingness to engage in an involved and team-focused workplace, including staff meetings
- Ability to learn new systems
- Strong communication and multi-tasking skills
- Detail oriented
- 401(k) matching
- Continuing education credits
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Free parking
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Malpractice insurance
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shifts
- Rotating shift
- Bonus pay
- Overtime pay
- Signing bonus
All staff are required to show proof of COVID vaccination/boosters. Masks are required in the building at all times. We have high-quality HEPA air filters throughout the building and rapid testing kits for staff to use at home.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Staff Nurse” in the title. No phone calls, please.