Diastasis recti is the separation of the rectus abdominis muscles (the outer layer of abdominal muscles that form the “six-pack”). It is very common during pregnancy and the postnatal period. The abdominal muscles naturally stretch during pregnancy to accommodate your growing baby, but due to many factors, the muscles may not fully close on their own after birth.
During this workshop, we will discuss:
- How to assess for and prevent diastasis recti during and after pregnancy
- Exercises you can do to help improve core strength
- Movements and exercises you should avoid
- Techniques to begin activating and engaging your transverse abdominis (deep abdominal muscles)
- A full body workout that blends barre, Pilates, stretching, and functional fitness
This workshop is great for:
- Pregnant people
- People who have already given birth, whether recently or years ago
- Birth professionals who would like to learn techniques to help their clients
Advanced, online registration is required. This workshop is appropriate for all ages and stages of pregnancy.
Core Restore is open to everyone! Join us!
Upcoming Core Restore Class Dates and Registration Links:
Saturdays, 11:30am – 1pm
Core Restore is facilitated by Crystal Widmann, MS, MEd, E-RYT, C-PT, founder of Y2B Fit and creator of Baby Barre.
Crystal is a postnatal fitness expert, specializing in barre and yoga training. She has over 10 years of experience teaching fitness classes and training people to reach their health and fitness goals. She utilizes her masters degree in exercise science and her personal experience as a mom to develop her innovative Core Restore and BYO Baby barre techniques that target the specific needs of postnatal people. These programs fuse barre, traditional fitness training principles, and physical therapy elements to create a full body workout.
Crystal is a passionate, creative, and empowering trainer. Her desire is to create a community environment where everyone feels empowered to reach their health and fitness goals.
Cancellation policy: Cancellations made less than two weeks prior to the class date will not be refunded unless a medical reason exists.
View the full list of classes and workshops here
All classes, workshops, and support groups are currently being conducted via Zoom.