Our brand new series, Core + Floor Restore, is coming in 2023. Stay tuned for dates and times!
It’s common to have lower back pain, incontinence, and/or a general feeling of weakness in the core and pelvic floor muscles months (or years!) after giving birth. The abdominal and pelvic floor muscles naturally stretch and weaken during pregnancy to accommodate your growing baby. These muscles require focused strengthening (and stretching) exercises to help them regain function and stability so you can feel strong in your body again.
During this workshop series, we will work on:
- Reconnecting with your core and pelvic floor muscles
- Learning ways to help repair diastasis recti and other common postpartum issues
- Understanding the connection between the pelvic floor and core function after pregnancy
- Learning how to use your core in everyday movements and why it’s important
- Understanding the importance of breathing
- Creating a strong foundation for other forms of fitness
- Making ANY postnatal workout safe
This workshop is great for:
- Pregnant people
- People who have already given birth, whether recently or years ago
- Birth professionals who would like to learn techniques to help their clients
Core Restore is facilitated by Crystal Widmann, MS, MEd, E-RYT, C-PT, founder of Y2B Fit and creator of Baby Barre.
Crystal is a postnatal fitness expert, specializing in barre and yoga training. She has over 10 years experience teaching fitness classes and training people to reach their health and fitness goals. She utilizes her masters degree in exercise science and her personal experience as a mom to develop her innovative Core + Floor Restore and BYO Baby barre techniques that target the specific needs of postnatal people. These programs fuse barre, traditional fitness training principles, and physical therapy elements to create a full body workout.
Crystal is a passionate, creative, and empowering trainer. Her desire is to create a community environment where everyone feels empowered to reach their health and fitness goals.
View the full list of classes and workshops here