24 Mar Updated COVID-19 Policies for Lifecycle WomanCare
As always, we are continuing to follow best practice recommendations and evaluate our policies with the entirety of the LWC community in mind. While we have been encouraged by the strides made in vaccine availability, this is a crucial time in the pandemic, and we need to remain vigilant as we begin our journey towards normalcy.
- Clients may now have two support people over the age of 18 with them during their labor and birth at both Bryn Mawr Hospital and The Birth Center at Lifecycle WomanCare.
- Our Certified Birth Person Support training is now optional, but highly recommended.
- This popular 3.5 hour training is available for just $25 and is designed for family members or friends who are serious about providing birth support to clients who do not have access to professional doula care.
- Masks are required for everyone who comes to LWC. They must be worn up and over the nose at all times.
- We are only seeing LWC clients in the office for gynecological and prenatal appointments. Partners and support people are welcome and encouraged to participate virtually during appointments.
- This applies even if your partner/support person is vaccinated. According to the CDC, scientists are still learning how well vaccines prevent people from spreading the virus. For this reason, people who have been fully vaccinated should continue to wear a mask, and stay six feet apart from others.
- Your partner or a support person may accompany you and your baby to a lactation visit. We ask that they wait in the lobby on the first floor until it’s time to go to the lactation suite.
- In addition to lactation visits, clients may bring their newborn to their six-week postpartum appointment.
- If you have any symptoms of concern or a known exposure to a COVID positive individual prior to your appointment, please call us to discuss alternate options. Symptoms of concern include:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
We appreciate your ongoing cooperation and understanding. If you have any questions, please give us a call at 610.525.6086 to discuss.
To view previous policy updates, please click here.