23 Jun Updated COVID-19 Policies for Lifecycle WomanCare, Effective June 24, 2021
- Clients may have ONE masked partner or support person over the age of 18 accompany them to all appointments. This includes prenatal appointments, gynecological appointments, lactation consultations, circumcisions, and postpartum appointments.
- If space is limited in our waiting room, you may be asked to wait outside or in a separate waiting area until the appointment begins.
- At our Bryn Mawr office, there will be an additional waiting area in the basement classroom.
- At our South Philly office, there will be chairs available outside.
- If a partner is unable to attend, they are still welcome to participate via FaceTime or Zoom.
- Everyone coming to LWC is required to wear a surgical face mask or a cloth face mask. Gaiters are NOT an acceptable form of face covering.
- Per the CDC, “pregnant people are at an increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19”, and “pregnant people with COVID-19 are also at increased risk for preterm birth”. Therefore, it is imperative that masks be worn at our facility in order to protect our vulnerable clients (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/pregnant-people.html).
- Masks must be worn properly (up and over your nose) for the entirety of your visit.
- Partners, support people, and doulas in attendance at a birth must keep their mask on at all times. Clients who are in labor are not required to wear a mask.
- Children are not yet permitted to attend office visits or births. The only exceptions are infants who are here for lactation consultations, or are accompanying their parents to the six-week postpartum check-up.
- If you have any symptoms of concern or a known exposure to a COVID-19 positive individual prior to your appointment, please call us to discuss alternate options. Symptoms of concern include:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
We appreciate your ongoing cooperation and understanding. If you have any questions, please give us a call at 610.525.6086 to discuss.