14 Nov Celebrate our History and Help Define our Future
Not only are we celebrating Lifecycle WomanCare’s 40th anniversary, we are also getting ready to enter a new decade! With the 2020’s on the horizon, join us as we take a look back at LWC through the decades:
- 1970s: The grooviest thing about the 70s was without a doubt, the founding of The Birth Center in 1978. Can you dig it?
- 1980s: In addition to becoming the first birth center in Pennsylvania to receive full accreditation, which was, like, totally tubular, the radical 1980’s also saw our first 1,000 births.
- 1990s: The 4-1-1 about the 90’s is that Patty Seigrist became our first in-office lactation consultant. Our lactation department has since grown to welcome three more IBCLCs who see clients Monday – Friday in Bryn Mawr and South Philly. They are all that and a bag of chips!
- 2000s: By this decade, The Birth Center was da bomb dot com, and so highly in demand that it was time to expand. In 2005, we opened our new three-story home right next to the original site. Booyah!
- 2010s: We’re about to close out this decade, and it has been lit. Most notably, we changed our name from “The Birth Center” to “Lifecycle WomanCare” to represent our full-scope of gynecological care. We also extended our reach with satellite offices and the first State of Women’s Health Symposium. Yaas!!
So, what’s next for LWC? It’s hard not to wonder what we will reflect on when we look back at the 2020’s. In many ways, the answer is up to you!
You are a vital part of our community and history, and we’re depending on you to help define the future LWC. Make your year-end gift today to show your support for the midwifery model of personal and empowering care, so we can keep slaying for many decades to come.