Lifecycle is an independent non-profit organization that delivers empowering, midwifery-based gynecologic and birth-oriented health care to clients respecting their individual characteristics in a trusting, and caring environment. Lifecycle advocates for and educates about the midwifery model of care.
Lifecycle envisions reproductive healthcare services based on midwifery principles becoming the model of care across the world. We believe that it is our responsibility to challenge the system at its core, and serve as a model for how to achieve better outcomes through a deeper partnership with our clients.
- We believe that lifecycle events– such as puberty, birth, and menopause are normal, healthy transitions that are best supported by education and evidence-based midwifery care.
- We believe that physiologic birth is a unique, individual and natural process.
- We believe that the best care has, at its center, a trusted partnership between a client and their provider, which empowers, educates, and enables clients to make the best healthcare decisions for themselves.
- We believe in a full range of choices for clients giving birth.
- We believe that excellent care is provided by a non-profit, financially secure organization that values its employees and meets their individual needs in order to retain high-quality individuals.
- We believe that a work-place functions best when it is a caring community.
- We advocate for reproductive justice.
- We advocate for the midwifery profession.
- We provide education for the next generation of health care providers, administrators, and anyone seeking to learn more about the midwifery model of care.
Approved by the Board of Directors April 2020